How to install RunMC on Windows
- Install recent version of Cygwin.
Install the base packages, and, in addition, the following
packages: zip, unzip, g++, g77, make, X11, X11lib (X11 library for
X11 development, this is necessary for ROOT installation); Use
“UNIX” file system for Cygwin installation;
- Install ROOT.
How to build the ROOT under Cygwin is documented on the ROOT web
- Download the main RunMC program for Linux.
Gunzip and untar the package as described in the RunMC web
- Download the additional package called
It includes compiled (gcc3.3) CLHEP and a few CERNLIB libraries which are necessary to
build Monte Carlo models. It also has several scripts to change
options in RunMC makefiles.
- gunzip runmc_win32-[version].tar.gz;
tar -vxf runmc_win32-[version].tar (note the package may have a version
number, therefore, use appropriate name for the [version]).
This will create build-win32 directory;
- Now set up bash environmental
variables. Include in your ".bashrc" file the following
# set RUNMC variables
# specify correct location of RunMC directory
RUNMCwin32=`cygpath -da $RUNMC` # only for
Cygwin/windows - do not modify
# do not modify
- If this is done, do "source
- Copy build-win32 directory to
$RUNMC/, i.e do "mv build-win32 $RUNMC/"
- Now, go to $RUNMC/build-win32 and
type "./install.sh". This should compile the RunMC.
- In order to use RunMC together with ROOT, first you should
start X-windows on Cygwin, and only then start RunMC program.
Note that if CYGWIN does not have libtermcap library installed, CASCADE Monte Carlo
will not be compliled. CASCADE library assumes that this library is located here